- Prophets and Advocates of Peer Production. By George Dafermos. . Excellent introduction to the role of the P2P Foundation in the context of the re-emergence of a commons movement that is linked to digitally-enabled self-organization.
- Digital Commons: Cyber-Commoners, Peer Producers and the Project of a Post-Capitalist Transition. By George Dafermos. : Excellent introduction to the theoretical and strategic work of the P2P Foundation.
- Commons Transition and P2P Primer. Primer: Commons Transition and P2P: A Primer. By Michel Bauwens, Vasilis Kostakis, Stacco Troncoso and Ann-Marie Ultratel: An introduction to the commons and peer to peer dynamics.
The P2P Foundation consists of autonomous but internetworked initiatives:
- The knowledge commons, such as this wiki, a blog, and a network of half a dozen FB groups where we do a pluralistic curation of p2p/commons developments.
- The P2P Foundation Research Network, coordinated by Jose Ramos, which focuses on monitoring and activating research.
- An official non-profit, chaired by Evi Swinnen, in Ghent, Belgium. (The original 'Foundation', established in Amsterdam, is in the process of being transferred to our research network)
Thanks to Javier Arturo Rodriguez for the technical help in maintaining this wiki, and for the huge editorial assistance by Simon Grant.
The theoretical foundations are based on the work of Michel Bauwens and others.
- Category: P2P Theory
- Category: P2P Hierarchy Theory
- Category: P2P Class Theory
Find out more about our practice here:
Our Key Resources
* new! : check out our Multi-Category Search for Combined Category Searching ! Explanations here!
Who We Are
Introduction to P2P Theory
This video series was done, with excellent technical conditions, at Lignan University in Hong Kong, at the behest of Prof. Kin Chi Lau and colleagues, during the months of January 2019:
We are looking for maintainers for our subject pages! Interested?
The P2P Paradigms
The Three Aspects of Application in Society
- P2P Civil Society Approaches
- P2P Market Approaches
- P2P State Approaches
Hot Topics 'Right Now'
The Peer-Driven Collaborative and Ethical Economy
New P2P Culture
P2P Provisioning Systems
Providing the essential provisions for human life:
- Air Water Food
- Clothing and Products
- Health Care
- Housing and Shelter
Other Domains of Application
How P2P Influences Society
Companies with P2P business models
Conferences on P2P topics
Courses: P2P Curricula
Encyclopedia : New! Mini-version
Events Calendar P2P Foundation Calendar
Individuals, Who's Who in P2P
Licences: open and free licenses
Movements, P2P and commons-oriented org's
Research on P2P
Resources and tools
Statistics on P2P trends
405550015#52 Rear Brake Shoes Gilera Storm 50 2007
Books on P2P topics
Fiction with P2P themes
Podcasts and Audio
Webcasts and Video
P2P Foundation Theory Project
Our Printed Books
Available as low-cost paperback at: https://www.uwestminsterpress.co.uk/site/books/10.16997/book33.
- French: Sauver le monde. Vers une société post-capitaliste avec le peer-to-peer. Par Michel Bauwens et Jean Lievens. Les Liens qui Liberent, 2015.
- Dutch: De wereld redden. Met peer-to-peer naar een postkapitalistische samenleving. Van Michel Bauwens en Jean Lievens. Houtekiet, 2013.
Overview of P2P Transition Proposals
This is a summary of our key structural arguments for commons/p2p-centric social change:
- in capitalism there is a specific articulation of market/community (nation)/command (state) in which the market is dominant.
- a commons-centric economy has a different articulation in which the communal mechanisms of pooling shared resources are dominant.
- the commons-based processes are increasing in importance within capitalism facing systemic crises
- It is possible to develop a strategy for deepening and expanding the weight of the commons-based processes (transvestment, etc.).
- If sustained, such a strategy could ultimate erode the dominance of capitalism and create a new post-capitalist and commons-centric society.
We function as a clearinghouse for open/free, participatory/p2p and commons-oriented initiatives.
We aim to be a pluralist network to document, research, and promote peer to peer alternatives. Our political aims could be summarized under the following maxims:
- ending the destruction of the biosphere by abandoning the dangerous conceptions of pseudo-abundance in the natural world (i.e. based on the assumption that natural resources are infinite);
- promoting free cultural exchange by abandoning the innovation-inhibiting conceptions of pseudo-scarcity in the cultural world (i.e. based on the assumption that the free flow of culture needs to be restricted through excessive copyrights etc...).
How to support us?
- How you can help us?; How To Contribute; How to Write for our Wiki; P2P Foundation Wiki Requested Articles
- Realtree AP HD Advantage Tree Camo Cargo Pants Mens Large 36-38W
- Important notice on COPYRIGHT: Fair Use Notice
.....Our three current strategic priorities are:
- stream 1: co-creating and catalyzing the alternative eco-system for open and cooperative peer production and reconstruction and economic and social power around the commons (this includes work on our Commons-Based Reciprocity License, Open Cooperativism and Phyles, and ethical enterpreneurial coalitions that co-produce commons)
- stream 2: recreating political voice and power, through bottom up Assemblies of the Commons and Chamber of the Commons that put forward social charters, AND through "top-down" progressive coalitions (through existing politics and parties) coalitions around the commons , i.e. 'the politics and policies of the commons', that continue our efforts to implement Commons Transition Plans.
- stream 3: creating synergies between cooperative peer production and sustainability, i.e. showing how a transition to the new mode of production, governance and ownership, can solve the ecological / climate crisis